Wednesday 30 November 2011

Encore: Ahoy there me hearties!

“Now can I get an encore, do you want more?
Cookin’ raw with the Brooklyn boy,
So for one last time I need y'all to roar…”


For some odd reason, this blog post title reminded me of a Linkin Park and Jay-Z number that I use to be obsessed with when I was a teenager. As you can see, I can still remember the lyrics. Please do not judge me for my bad taste in music! I like to think that I have definitely lifted my music taste up a notch with my new found love for Glee!

Before you get concerned, I did not make a Linkin Park cupcake! I did however make some pirate theme cupcakes and cake pops over the weekend. Hence the ‘encore’ as I have already blogged about a pirate cupcake topper I made earlier this year (to read this earlier post, please click here). This bake job was for a very special friend of mine who was organising a pirate themed party.

Last time I made a pirate cupcake topper, I only had to make the one. This time round I made 60 pirate toppers! So yes, a little more than last time. I used 45 of the toppers to decorate cupcakes and I used the remaining 15 toppers to stick on top of the cake pops. Yes, I copped out! Cake pops are just so darn fiddly and I really feel out of my element when making them. So I cheated! I used the fondant toppers to make a pirate cake pop instead of using candy melts to decorate the cake pop. Pass judgement all you like – I stand by my decision to cheat.



The cupcakes and cake pops turned out pretty well. To be honest, I like the fact that the cupcakes and cake pops have the same pirate appear on them. I like consistency. After all, there is only one thing I like better than a themed party, a consistent themed party.

No comments:

Post a Comment