Monday 21 November 2011

Loud and proud Gleek

I am an absolute gleek! I heart Glee big time. I mean, let’s face it, what is there not to love?! The characters break out in song and dance at any given opportunity. How I wish my life was like that, only that I can't sing or dance, but that is besides the point!

Any way, last week I admitted to Brendyn that my favourite song of all time was ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ by the Glee cast. I not sure why it is my favourite song of all time - perhaps it is because this is the scene when Finn told Rachel he loved her (FYI – I totally love the Finn and Rachel, will they or won’t they, relationship saga) or perhaps it is because the song is just so darn catchy! Either way, every time I listen to it, it makes me smile and I can’t help but do the shoulder pop.

Now, let’s shoulder pop together! Left shoulder, right shoulder, left shoulder, right shoulder...


Not to worry, I haven’t forgotten the blog rules! I know that every post on this blog has to relate to cupcakes in one way or another, after all the blog is titled ‘Top the Cupcake’ not Tina’s crazy pointless rants. Since I have been wanting to blog about Glee since the time I started this blog, I decided that enough was enough, and it was about time I combined my two passions, cupcakes and Glee! So I made a Glee cupcake!

As to be expected, the Glee cupcake topper was made out of fondant, so it is edible. However, I can't bring myself to eat it. I can't eat my beloved Glee. The cupcake, however, was a different story, I could eat several of those bad boys! The cupcake was a banana cupcake with cream cheese lemony goodness frosting. I will have to share the banana cupcake recipe with you later this week in a separate post because it is just too good to be kept a secret.


So yes, I made a Glee cupcake so that I could discuss my passion for Glee on my own blog! That’s right world, I am a Gleek – loud and proud! Are you?

2 comments:

  1. wow.. that's brilliant! especially the sharp edge of the logo. How did u do that?

    And yes... of course I'm a fan of Glee too ;) Who wouldn't love those talented casts singing & dancing to amazingly remade songs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vanilla Moment! I cut the loser hand out of fondant with a knife and used an edible marker pen to draw on the detail. I used a letter cutter for the 'g' and 'e'.

    I am currently rewatching season one of Glee and loving it even more (if that is even possible)!

    ReplyDelete