Sunday 4 December 2011

Bro, bro, bro, bro ... bro ...

I  think it is safe to say that I am my brother’s number one fan! Afterall, he is a my bro. I think my family (including my brother) find it very odd how much I idolise him. There is a 12 year age gap between us, so he is more like a third parent to me. He did alot for my sister and I when we were growing up and still continues to look out for us – he is the bestest!

It was his birthday yesterday and of course I volunteered to make cupcakes! He is not very into sweets or desserts, so I made carrot cake cupcakes and cream cheese frosting! I used an online recipe for the carrot cake cupcakes but I free styled the cream cheese frosting. The cake itself was alright but the cream cheese frosting was YUM to the YUMMA! My sister Gina described the cream cheese frosting as “Delicious – I could swim in it!” In all honesty, the frosting was quite spectacular! It really isn’t fair that I talk up this cream cheese frosting and not share the recipe with you, so here it is:

Ingredients
250 grams of spreadable cream cheese
140 grams of sifted icing sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract

Method
Beat all the ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.

Simple. Easy. Delicious!

As you know, cupcakes are nothing without toppers! So I also made toppers for the occasion.  My brother grew up watching Astro Boy and absolutely loved the cartoon show. He also kind of looks like Astro Boy, being an Asian with spikey hair and all! So I made a few Astro Boy fondant toppers to put on top of the carrot cake cupcakes.


1 comment:

  1. you made me laugh so hard, I cried. I never thought of the similarities between Astro Boy and him!

    ReplyDelete