Saturday 20 August 2011

I picked it, I baked it!

What a lovely start to the morning! Brendyn and I went to the Wannaroo fruit and veg market this morning for our weekly shop. Not only was the fruit and veg fresh, but so cheap! We enjoyed our experience so much that we have decided to do our weekly shop at the markets here on in.

As we are approaching spring, strawberries have come back in season. The strawberries were crazy cheap! A large punnet of strawberries cost $1.99 - what a bargain. So to celebrate this fabulous buy, I decided to make a batch of strawberry cupcakes.


The cupcake base colour was a little weird but my goodness was it amazing. It was moist, light and fuffy with a hint of strawberry flavour. The strawberry frosting was equally as delicious. The cupcakes were made out of real strawberries, with no artificial colourings or flavourings. You know me - I like to keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment