Sunday 7 August 2011

How would you renovate your life with $150K?

My favourite radio station, Nova 937, is currently running a competition. Basically if you get on air or enter the competition online, you go into the running to win $150K - HELLO! 

Like many people, I could use an extra $150K. No surprise as to what I would do with it, but if I were to win, I would open my very own cupcakery (for those uninitiated few, cupcakery is the cupcake fanatic’s answer to a bakery). I have a vision of how it would look exactly in my head and to see it come to life would be amazing. Think French chic meets modern house wife. Ah, an Asian's Australian dream. 

I thought it would be a great idea to make a set of Nova cupcakes. My reasoning behind this was that by doing so might (fingers crossed) increase my chances of winning and secondly, increase the publicity of ‘Top the Cupcake’. So before I went to bed Wednesday night, I made Nova fondant toppers. I decided to spell out 'I heart Nova' and make the iconic Nova mascot. I woke up early the next day on Thursday morning and made a fresh batch of cupcakes. I had planned to wake up at 5AM and had set my alarm and everything! But I was like a little kid, I was so excited about this baking adventure that I woke up at 4AM and couldn't get back to sleep! 



I am pretty happy with the final product. But more importantly, did I win $150K? Sadly, I don't think so. I am pretty sure the competition has come to a close. Oh well, I guess this little Asian baker will just have to continue to hold on to her Australian dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment