Saturday 4 June 2011

What I wouldn’t do for sticky date pudding

Sticky date pudding puts the yum in yumma! I like all types of sticky date pudding – frozen, freshly baked, slightly stale, whatever. Provided there is some sugary syrup goodness, I am a happy camper. But my favourite sticky date pudding of all time is the sticky date pudding made by my sister-in-law, Ashleigh. Sticky date pudding is her specialty. I am salivating at the mere thought of it.

Last year, Ashleigh noticed that I had done a lot of themed cupcakes for the nieces and nephew and got a little jealous. Ashleigh demanded that I make her a set of themed cupcakes, specifically ‘Ashleigh’s Day at the Zoo’ themed. Like me, she is the youngest of three and being the youngest, we get everything and anything we want! And, especially since she threatened that she wouldn’t make sticky date pudding again, until I did!

Not wanting to risk never eating Ashleigh’s sticky date pudding, I obliged and made her the darn cupcakes! I made animal figurines (including Ashleigh) out of fondant and sat them on top of a mud cake cupcake.  As you can see below, I made a lion, hippo, giraffe, monkey, elephant, polar bear and turtle. I made a little Ashleigh with a hockey stick as she is quite the hockey player (some would say she is slightly above average).



I really enjoy playing with fondant and making fondant figurines. It takes me back to my childhood as it is like playing with play dough!

So after all this, did Ashleigh end up making me the sticky date pudding? Damn right she did! I ate my share, Brendyn’s share and I took the left overs home and ate it for breakfast. Yum, yum, yumma!

No comments:

Post a Comment