Wednesday 22 June 2011

Iced, iced coffee (insert funky beats of Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice)

Brendyn loves Master's iced coffee (not Browne's has to be Master's). Me, not so much as it gives me tummy ouchies. What’s my preferred hot beverage of choice? At present, it is a soy chai latte (extra hot of course). Yes, a little wanky but deliciously tasty.

Last year, Brendyn and I challenged each other to give up the one junk food that we consume on a regular basis for that entire year. He gave up Master's iced coffee and I gave up hot chips. Did we last? Let’s just say it was a painful 2010 but we managed to get through it. To welcome 2011 (on new year’s eve) Wanna-T Baker, T2 Chaddy D,  through hot chips in my mouth and Brendyn gulped down a carton of ice coffee. Classy and nasty.

So what does this have to do with cupcakes? Nothing really, other than the fact I made coffee cupcakes with creamy coffee icing last week. Using Master's iced coffee as my inspiration. Now I am not sure whether it was because I was particularly hungry, or because I hadn’t had my sugar hit for the day, but those coffee cupcakes were delicious (if I do say so myself)! The cupcakes base was moist with a slight hit of espresso coffee flavour and the creamy coffee icing was to die for. This may have to be my next recipe release, so watch this space.

Hmmm, what next? Perhaps a soy chai latte cupcake (extra hot) is in order.

2 comments: