Wednesday 8 June 2011

I love winning!

Let me put it into perspective for you. I love cupcakes almost as much as I love winning - and we all know how much I love cupcakes! Yes, I am a teeny weeny bit competitive. So, can you imagine how much I love combining winning WITH cupcakes?! A LOT!

Last year a few colleagues and I hosted a little bake off amongst ourselves. Desperately wanting to win the bake off I researched ‘amazing cupcakes ideas’ through Google. After viewing several websites, I came across a Pac Man cupcake idea and knew I had to make it.

In order to make the cupcake Pac Man images, I had to use fondant. I made my favourite white mudcake cupcakes and covered the top of the cupcakes with fondant. I didn’t think to ice the cupcakes with buttercream frosting or chocolate ganache first, so the cupcakes ended up being a bit dry. What’s the moral of the story? Always ice one’s cupcakes to ensure tastiness! 

Although the cupcakes didn’t taste the best, they sure did look cool. Was it enough to get me across the line and win the bake off? It was. Pac Man for the win!


No comments:

Post a Comment