Monday 27 June 2011

I do honestly love you Abby dog

I feel bad about my last post. I just want to clarify that I do really love Brendyn's, oops I mean "our" little Abby dog! She is very cute. What breed is she? I have no idea. She looks like the little white dog from the My Dog food advertisements. Cute right?!

I was so proud one night when I was baking and she came up to me sniffing looking for food. There was no chicken in sight, just the smell of glorious cupcakes. My little Abby dog was wanting cupcakes! Never have I been so proud. At that moment, I knew that Abby was truly mine. Who would have thought, the pup would follow in my footsteps and likes cupcakes?! So being the good step mummy that I am, I decorated the cupcake nicely put it on a plate and gave it to her. She ate it all up and joined her daddy in the living room. The next day I was so proud that I had to tell Brendyn. The conversation went like this:
T: I realised last night that Abby is truly my dog and a part of me.
B: "Yes, darling, love of my life, I am not worthy to have you, you are brilliant, your cupcakes are amazing"**, what made you realised this?
T: Well, last night I gave her a cupcake and she ate it. She likes cupcakes! Therefore, we are practically the same person.
B: Firstly, she is a dog, she'll eat anything. Secondly, cupcakes aren't good for dogs!
T: Oh!
**This is an accurate account of how I remember the situation. As there were no eye witnesses, it is my word against Brendyn's. Who are you going to believe? He doesn’t even know how to make cupcakes!

I honestly thought I was being a good mummy and that Abby and I had a deep cupcake connection. Clearly not.

Anyway, just because Abby can't eat cupcakes, there was nothing stopping me putting her on a cupcake! When I made Gina's dog themed cupcakes, I made a little Abby fondant topper. I put the little Abby cupcake topper on a chocolate cupcake (as she loves chocolate). Sadly, I didn’t get a photo of Abby on her chocolate cupcake throne. I only took a photo of the Abby dog topper on a vanilla cupcake. Ah well, you are going to have to use your imagination.


And before all you dog lovers go troppo on me, I know chocolate is bad for dogs and I have not fed Abby chocolate; cupcakes, yes; chocolate no. The reason I know she likes chocolate is because she has in the past eaten her fair share of chocolate. One notable chocolate eating incident is when Abby went all Matrix and leaped into the air out of nowhere and snatched a Tim Tam (iconic Australian chocolate biscuit) out of Brendyn's brother's hand as he was about to put it in his mouth. She makes me so proud.

I didn't have the heart to eat the Abby dog cupcake. This is proof that I love her too much to eat her in cupcake form. See Abby dog, I really do love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment