Tuesday 11 October 2011

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah …

BATMAN!!



I have gone cake pop crazy! I have been making cake pops left, right and centre. Does that mean I have been neglecting my love for cupcakes? Absolutely not, I have been making just as many cupcakes as I do cake pops this week. The cupcakes have been nothing special, just my ordinary top deck mini cupcakes. So not exactly blog worthy!

So what makes cake pops blog worthy oppose to cupcakes? Well, earlier this week I was criticised for making girlie cake pops. So I thought to myself at 12AM, how does one make cake pops more masculine?! And the most masculine thing I know is BATMAN as my husband is Batman (just quietly). However, at this stage Batman was fast asleep, while I was busy making the world a better place one cake pop at a time.
I used my usual Nestle white chocolate melts with a few drops of yellow food colouring to cover the cake. Initially I coloured the white chocolate using Wilton’s colour gel but this caused the chocolate to set too quickly. So quick in fact that I could not even dunk one cake pop in! So make a mental note, food colouring is the better option oppose to colour gels when it comes to cake pops (not to mention cheaper too)!

The little black bats were made from my trusty baking companion fondant. I used a silicon (my second trusty baking companion) mould to form the bat shape.

That’s right peeps, I made cake pops manly! Haters don't be hating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment