Monday 23 January 2012

Bad Asian!

It’s official, I am a bad Asian. Not because I got several Asian Fs (a.k.a. A minuses…it’s a Glee joke…), in high school, but because today is Chinese New Year and I did not make any Chinese New Year themed cupcakes. To be honest with you, I had such great intentions to bake Dragon themed cupcakes, but the weather in Perth at the moment is just too HOT! And to add the heat from the oven to the mix would just be unbearable!

I have had a few baking mishaps these last few weeks and I am honestly not sure as to why. I would rather not blame it on my baking incapability but instead blame it on the weather! For instance, in order to get the best baking result, it is best to use butter, milk and eggs that are at room temperature. But since it is so hot, it does not take too long for the butter to melt. Given how quick the butter gets soft, I only imagine what the heat does to my ingredients while in the mixer. And today was an absolute sinker, 39 degrees Celsius, so to save myself from baking heart ache on the first day of Chinese New Year, I refrained from making Chinese New Year cupcakes. Even if that meant I was a bad Asain!    

Even though I did not bake Chinese New Year cupcakes, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a "Gong Xi Fa Choi", "Chuc Mung Nam Moi", "Happy Chinese New Year" and "Happy New New"! May the year of the Dragon bring you and your family good health, prosperity and an endless supply of cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment